11 August 2019 Result:
The Department of Home Affairs issued only 100 invitations under Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) and 100 invitations under Skilled Regional Family Sponsorship visa (subclass 489). This was the 2nd invitation round for 2019-20 program year.
Due to less number of invitations issued under Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189), the cut off score for this invitation round was high.
Invitation Points cut offs:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189): 85
- Skilled Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489): 80
Point scores and the dates of effect cut off for the pro rata occupations in the 11 August 2019 invitation round:
Due to high levels of demand, and in keeping with previous years, the below occupation groups will be subject to pro rata arrangements to ensure availability of invitations across the program year:
- Accountants: 90
- Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers: 85
- Electronics Engineer: 85
- Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers: 85
- Other Engineering Professionals: 90
- ICT Business and System Analysts: 85
- Software and Applications Programmers: 85
- Computer Network Professionals: 80
Note: The above figures do not include invitations issued for State and Territory Government nominated visa subclasses 190 & 489 (Regional Nomination) as State and Territory Governments nominate applicants throughout the year as per their own criteria.
Source: Department of Home Affairs